Preparing your child in a Montessori environment takes time and research. Their future depends upon the method of learning applied to them starting from birth to six years or the first plane of development.
To get the best education for them, we do our research first by reading, asking questions, do our school visit and observe the method. It takes a lot of effort, experience and experimentation to fully adapt to this kind of learning approach. At first, you find it overwhelming and confusing. The sweet thing is, your effort will surely reap a rewarding future for your child. Your not only investing for their education, but You as a parent also contributed to our societies future by preparing your little one’s to fulfilling the next generation of leaders. Everything is possible. The best ingredient is patience, determination, and allow your self to continue to learn every possible day.
The question is: How am I going to do this?
- Take a moment to have a school visit: Most Montessori schools are open for parents doing their school visit or observation during active class. Let them know first by calling or sending an email. Director and administrators welcome your questions so make sure your list of things to clarify are ready. Don’t be shy if you think your asking too much questions. They love to know your concern and they are ready to give you informations about the method.
- Explore the Wealth of Free Informations online: You had your recent class observation but there are still in your mind that needed enlightenment. Do your readings. Choose books that you know will be helpful and clearly lead you all the way to fulfilling your goals. There are several books written by Dr. Montessori and some authors that have a vast experience of the method. They truly speak from the heart.
- Online courses: There are a lot of online course offering Montessori training that fits your schedule. Here are some list of online courses and known websites to walk you through Montessori method of learning.
This post have an affiliate links that have no cost to the reader. I only share informations which I know would be helpful and beneficial.
Here are my top list of recommended books to read if your a new parent and wanted to practice Montessori method for your child or children at home. This books are also the reference of student teachers practicing Montessori method. These are not just a book but rather a Life Changing Books.
- The Absorbent Mind By Dr. Maria Montessori. This book is about her personal insights and observation from her students. This theoretical book explains the education from birth to six years or the sensitive periods of life.
- Honoring The Light Of The Child: Activities to Nurture Peaceful Living Skills in Young Children One of the important part of Montessori method is teaching peace. This book have a lot of activities to nurture peace in your child’s environment. Young children will have understanding about feelings and respect.
- Discovery of the Child By Dr. Montessori, as keen observer describes the nature of the child and her method of working fully with the child’s inner urge to learn. This is a book with her observations base upon closely working with children. It explains why Order, Concentration, Coordination and Independence) is highly implemented in a prepared environment. The science behind each activities.
- Montessori from the Start: The Child at Home, from Birth to Age Three Helpful book specially if your a first time mom and wanted to implement Montessori at home.
- The Montessori Method The scientific pedagogy applied by Dr. Montessori in the children’s house.
- Montessori Inspired Activities For Pre-Schoolers: Home based projects for 2-6 year olds (Volume 1) This book is a good starter readings if you choose to practice the method at home or home schooling your child.
- Dr. Montessori’s Own Handbook Dr. Maria Montessori